Place your order now for a similar assignment and have exceptional work written by our team of experts, At affordable rates
First, choose a public law or a landmark case from the list below that has impacted special education
and/or exceptional students:
• Brown v. Board of Education (Topeka, Kansas)
• Sheff v. O’Neil (CT)
• Pennsylvania Association for Retarded Children (PARC) v. Commonwealth of
• Larry P v. Riles
• Board of Education of the Hendrick Hudson Central School District v. Rowley
• Daniel R. R. v. State Board of Education
• Honig v. Doe
• Board of Education in Sacramento, CA v. Holland
• PL 94-142/ IDEA/IDEIA
• Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
• No Child Left Behind (NCLB)
• Jacob K. Javits Gifted and Talented Special Education Act
Then, write a reflection that includes the following:
1. The information of the case/law, including the name, PL#, title of law/landmark case, and
year it became a law.
CHS 208 – Teaching Exceptional Learners
Unit 1 Assignment Forum: Public Law Reflection
2. A brief summary of the law/court case describing the plaintiffs and defendants, reason for
the lawsuit, and the outcome of the case.
3. Analyze the public law/landmark case, including specific and convincing examples
connecting the impact of the law on special education today. Include at least two (2)
specific and convincing examples.
4. Your personal reflection on the law and its importance on the inclusion of all children.
Include details from the text, resources, and personal and/or professional experiences.
Requirements: • Use at least two (2) references and include citations using APA format.