Place your order now for a similar assignment and have exceptional work written by our team of experts, At affordable rates
(MUST NOT BE PLAGIARISED)
This is about using a tool used in computer science.
1. Choose either a lexical analyzer, a parser generator, or a parse tree generator/visualizer. Flex is a commonly used lexical analyzer, and yacc is a commonly used parser generator. (choose one or both) Write several paragraphs giving an overview of the tool. Some questions you might consider:
• What is the tool?
• Who developed it? When?
• Why was it developed?
• How long has the tool been in use? How popular is it?
2. Watch or read a tutorial about your tool, or read the documentation on your tool. Provide links to any sources you used.
3. Write several paragraphs explaining how to use the tool. You don’t have to provide a complete tutorial, but you should show that you understand a little bit about the tool.
4. Choose 3 appropriate criteria for evaluating programming languages from down below and write a paragraph or two evaluating the tool you chose.
Cost (Training programmers, Time to write software, Run-time efficiency, Compilation cost, Cost of the language (does it require expensive hardware)? )
Guidance (How much help is available? )
Softer metrics (do you like it? it it only good for certain things?)